Come join us, May 18th, 2019 at noon, for the 3rd Annual Wellsville River Regatta. We had fout times as many floaters our second year, and expect 2019 to be bigger, and more fun than ever!! We
will launch again from the Genesee River Access West of York's Corners. We will have a rolling (or should we say floating!) start beginning at 12:00 noon. We will have music, refreshments and
prizes at the launch site to keep things interesting. All entrants should meet at Trout Run Camp Resort, and we will transport you and your Kayak, Raft or Tube to the launch site. There will be live
music, drinks and a Pig Roast at the Campground afterwards. Pig Roast is included in your $25.00 entrance fee! Just in case mother nature doesn't cooperate, we'll have the pool cranked up to 95
degrees for a hot tub party!
Wellsville Regatta 2019
While we want to have the most fun you could ever have on the Genesee River,
Safety and Trash are our biggest concerns. We know you don’t like rules, but if we don’t have them, we can’t have this event.
- No persons under the age of sixteen years old may enter the float unless accompanied by one or more parent(s) or
- Individual entry form is required for each participant.
- All participants must wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket while on the water. Participants that violate the lifejacket rule are
subject to a fine and/or removal from the event. Not wearing a life jacket disqualifies entrant from event prizes and may jeopardize future float events..
- NO GLASS!
- All Participants must wear wristband.
- Stand Up Paddle Boards and Kayaks are welcome to participate. All participants must be
- Wristband required at finish for prizes.
- Entrants will be disqualified for:
- Disposing of or sinking any foreign materials in the river
- Dunking, upsetting or purposely deflating tube of another
- Requesting and receiving unnecessary tow from assist boats
- Floats that are towed prior to check point, except as necessary
- NOT WEARING A LIFE JACKET
- Using a non-inflatable device
No transportation will be provided to or from the start or finish. There will be shuttle services available
on site for a small fee.
All floaters must turn in wristbands by 3 pm May 18, 2019 to be eligible for door
All decisions of the judges shall be final.
All floats, tubes and trash must be removed from the beach immediately after
- DO NOT EXIT RIVER ONTO PRIVATE PROPERTY!